Penghu County Forestry and Park Management Center
History of the Bureau
|1) Penghu County Government was established on January 22, 1946. The forest work was to be handled by the Agriculture, Forestry, and fisheries Unit of the Construction Division.
(2) The Agriculture, Forestry, and fisheries Unit of the Construction Division was subdivided into Agriculture and Forestry Unit and Fisheries Unit on January 25, 1947. The forest work was to be handled by the Agriculture and Forestry Unit.
(3) The Construction Division was reorganized as the Construction Bureau on June 15, 1961. There were six Sections under the Construction Bureau, including Agriculture and Forestry, Fisheries, animal industry, industry and commerce, civil engineering, and fishing ports; also, the forest work belongs to the Agriculture and Forestry Section of the Construction Bureau.
(4) It was reorganized into the Agriculture Division of Penghu County Government on January 4, 1985 due to the organizational restructure. There were Agriculture Units and Forestry Units under the Agriculture Division; therefore, the forestry work was officially handled separately since then.
(5) The Agriculture Division was reorganized as a Level I institution of the County Government – Agriculture and Fisheries Bureau of Penghu County Government on December 23, 1999; therefore, there were the Agriculture and Husbandry Division, Forest Division, Farmers’ Association and Fisherman’s Association Counseling Division under the Bureau. The Forestry Unit was upgraded as Forestry Division.
(6) The institution was renamed as the “Agriculture and Fisheries Bureau of Penghu County Government” on July 1, 2007 and it was reorganized again on July 1, 2011. Penghu County Forestry and Park Management Center was organized as an independent institution under the “Agriculture and Fisheries Bureau, Penghu County Government” in response to the “Penghu Low Carbon Island” carbon-reduction plan and forestation need.
|Divisions||Contents of the job responsibilities|
|Forestry Unit||1. Appropriation and use of forestation land
2. Alien plant prevention and propaganda
3. Assisting in the national and country forest land survey
4. Processing green seedlings, plantations, and cultivation
5. The distribution of seedlings for the green environment of the institution, school, and community, and propaganda
6. Arrange soil and water conservation, forest management, and street tree planning and management matters.
7. Implement the forestation tending policy and development an execution plan.
8. Implement the green environment and landscaping, construct green grassland, and promote the adoption, maintenance, and management matters.
|Park Unit||1. Implement the renewal and construction of park green space in the urban planning area.
2. Implement the maintenance, management, and construction matters of the park green land and park facilities.
3. Implement the tender and tender awarding procedure matters of the procurements within the Center.
4. Implement personnel management (including internal affairs) matters lawfully.
5. Implement the management of the janitors, technicians, and temporary staff of the Center.
6. Take care of the park and green environment of the County.
|Accounting Office||Handle budgets, accounting, and statistical matters according to the law.|
Contact informationAddress: No. 165, Guanghua Li, Magong City, Penghu County 88054
Tel.: (06)921-8000 (representative number)
Email: Same as the current old version
|Name of Divisions and Offices||Direct Line Number||Fax|
|Switchboard||06-9218000 (representative number)|
|Director Office||06-9218000 #26
|Forestry Unit||06-9218000 #13~19||06-9210212|
|Park Unit||06-9276014 #27~32||06-9212613|
|Service mailbox||Same as the current old version.|
|Unit or institution address||Address: No. 165, Guanghua Li, Magong City, Penghu County 88054|
|Traffic guide on how to get to the unit||Google MAP|